Privacy & GDPR
The Company is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and work-seekers. The Company must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, the Company acts as a data controller.
You may give your personal details to the Company directly, such as on an application or registration form or via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as a jobs board. The Company must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
1. Collection and use of personal data
a) Purpose of processing and legal basis
The Company will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services.
This includes for example, contacting you about job opportunities, assessing your suitability for those opportunities, updating our databases, putting you forward for job opportunities, arranging payments to you and developing and managing our services and relationship with you and our clients.
If you have opted-in we may also send you marketing information and news via email/ text. You can opt-out from receiving these at any time by clicking “unsubscribe” when you receive these communications from us.
The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services to you are:
- legitimate interest
- legal obligation
- contractual obligation
b) Legitimate interest
Where the Company has relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests is/are as follows:
- providing work-finding services to our customers
- ensuring the security and integrity of our Services and in ensuring that our Websites and Apps operate effectively
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services
- understanding our customers' behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes
c) Recipient/s of data
The Company will not process your data with any third party.
d) Statutory/contractual requirement
Your personal data is required by law and/or a contractual requirement (e.g. our client may require this personal data), and/or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. You are obliged to provide the personal data and if you do not the consequences of failure to provide the data are:
- we will not be able to provide work-finding services
2. Data Retention
The Company will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. Different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
Personal data may include:
- Name, address, mobile no, email addresses
- National insurance no.
- Nationality (through right to work check)
- GMC Membership Number or NMC Pin Number
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year from (a) the date of their creation or (b) after the date on which we last provide you with work-finding services.
We must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation.
3. Your rights
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- the right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
- the right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
- the right to rectification of your personal data;
- the right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- the right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- the right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- the right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- the right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to the Company processing your personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting Kate Vaks at email@example.com
OH Recruit gathers general information about users, for example, what services users access the most and which areas of the site are most frequently visited, the number of CVs on the database, or the number of visitors to the site and for other lawful purposes. Such data is used in the aggregate to help us understand how the site is used.
We gather this information so that we can continue to improve and develop our services to benefit our users. We may make this aggregate information available to users of the site, to our clients, suppliers and other reputable third parties. These statistics are anonymous and contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information. Like many websites, we routinely capture your IP address information to determine your location. Information may be gathered from your registration form and your use of our website through 'cookies'.
The information gathered may be used by OH Recruit internally, for purposes relating to your use of the website and for marketing activities. OH Recruit may set and access cookies on your computer.
5. Links to external websites
The Company’s website may contains links to other external websites. Please be aware that the Company is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. When you leave our site we encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by the Company’s website.
6. Complaints or queries
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact: Kate Vaks at firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.